Sunday, October 26, 2014

All the Time

Now that I can legally say I am an adult, as I can add more weight to my age by calling myself a college student, I like to think I am wiser than I truly am. I like to think I know the answer, or that I can use my own reasoning to make the absolute best decisions in life. I like to think that I am fine, that "I've got this," however I am reminded almost daily that nothing could be farther from the truth.

It is during the times of stress and worry that I know who truly holds my heart. Honestly, without the faith and hope I have in God and his deep love for me, I am pretty sure I would have worried myself either to death or to insanity at this point. When I feel myself become anxious, whether it be over my classes or over relationships or over the general fear of the future, I have found that my first instinct is to go to my friends or my family for wisdom and advice. But this type of help rarely satisfies me entirely. When I take a step back and remember who came before me and who laid this path for me did so with nothing but love towards me I find that it is there that I can find peace in any turmoil.

College tuition is a major issue on my mind practically all of the time. During my first semester, I went to Fields of Faith with Campbell FCA and heard a wonderfully encouraging message that lifted my spirits and left me feeling more at peace. After the speaker finished, we had the opportunity to write a concern or prayer request on a balloon and then release it in to the air. This sounds like a simple process, however releasing the balloon meant we had to honestly release our concerns and burdens and give them to God - the only one who can do anything to resolve problems and send peace. I walked away that night feeling lighter, as if I had truly let go of what had been weighing me down. The next day my mom called me to ask if she could open a letter I had received from Campbell. Turns out, it was another scholarship I had been awarded. It took me an entire 24-hours to realize God had answered my prayer request, but when I did make that connection, my heart nearly exploded. It was if He was reminding me that He is here and He won't be going anywhere.

God answers prayers daily without our notice, and this is something we can all benefit from noticing more.This also has reminded me how important the communication we have towards God is. Staying connected with him throughout both the good and bad times is going to not only keep my burden light, but will also draw my attention closer to His will and purpose for my life. Doing this solves any and every problem I have throughout the day with a quick reflex of turning my problems over to God as soon as they appear. The true issue here is why I am not already in this habit, but it shows me what I need to be working on constantly.